Brandcenter alumni shine on massive Super Bowl stage
Monday, Feb. 6, 2017
Virginia Commonwealth University Brandcenter alumni once again played their part in the annual spectacle that is the Super Bowl, contributing their expertise and talent to the creation of a bevy of commercials that aired around the world during Sunday’s broadcast.
As in past years, the Brandcenter, part of the School of Business, was well-represented in the parade of big-budget ads that serve as an entertaining aside to the big game itself. Ultimately, 11 Brandcenter alumni had a hand in nine of the commercials that aired during Super Bowl LI.
Below are this year’s ads with Brandcenter ties.
- Bud Light - Matt Spicer (copywriting) - W+K NYC
Ghost Spuds | Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial 2017 feat. Spuds MacKenzie
- NASCAR FOX Sports - Lily Fu (art direction) - Pereira & O’Dell
Happy #DaytonaDay! | The Daytona 500 on FOX
- Audi - Mike McGuire (copywriting) and Allison Hayes (art direction) - Venables Bell & Partners
Audi #DriveProgress Big Game Commercial – “Daughter”
- Toyota Mirai - Spencer Isaac (strategy) - Saatchi & Saatchi LA
Daisy | 2017 Toyota Mirai | Toyota
- Battle of Evony - Lydia White Dunay (art direction) - Butler Shine Stern & Partners
The Battle of Evony - BIG GAME Commercial - Extended Cut
- Hyundai - Anna Andreen (art direction) - Innocean (social, online content)
A Better Super Bowl | NFL Hyundai Super Bowl LI
- Aflac - Marie Matuszewski (strategy) and JP Martin (strategy) - Publicis Seattle
- TurboTax - Susan Land (art direction) - Wieden + Kennedy PDX
TurboTax 2017 Big Game Commercial "Humpty Hospital" (Official :45) TV ad - Humpty Dumpty Commercial
- Sprint - George Bennett (strategy) - Droga5
No need for extreme measures just Switch to Sprint!
Subscribe for free to the VCU News email newsletter at http://newsletter.news.vcu.edu/ and receive a selection of stories, videos, photos, news clips and event listings in your inbox every Monday and Thursday.