VCU online programs ranked among the country’s best
Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2021
Editor's note: This story has been updated.
Several Virginia Commonwealth University online graduate programs are among the best in the country in their categories, according to new rankings from U.S. News & World Report.
The magazine’s annual rankings of “Best Online Programs,” released Jan. 26, placed VCU’s graduate education program in the School of Education at No. 10, one of a seven university programs listed by U.S. News. This marks the third year in a row that the School of Education made the top 10 of the online graduate education rankings. The school's special education and educational administration programs were also ranked. The full listing of VCU programs recognized by the magazine are:
- master's in education program, School of Education (No. 10)
- master's in special education program, School of Education (No. 15)
- master's in educational administration program, School of Education (No. 19)
- master's in nursing administration program, School of Nursing (No. 12)
- master's in nursing program, School of Nursing (No. 32)
- M.B.A program, School of Business (No. 51)
- master's in engineering, College of Engineering (Nos. 74-97)
The School of Nursing’s master’s in nursing program (at No. 32) jumped 13 spots in the rankings from a year ago.
“Our faculty and staff are dedicated to offering working nurses, here in Virginia and around the world, the online education they need to improve and change health care delivery,” said Jean Giddens, Ph.D., dean of the VCU School of Nursing.
“With online education in high demand this year, our online program gives nurses the opportunity to develop their leadership skills in a time where their role could not be more critical,” Giddens said.
Learn more about VCU’s rankings on the university’s rankings and recognition page.
Subscribe to VCU News
Subscribe to VCU News at newsletter.vcu.edu and receive a selection of stories, videos, photos, news clips and event listings in your inbox.